Sunday, May 14, 2006


Leiber, almost perfect.
Here's what Sizzlin' Sal Fasano had to say about the possibility of catching a perfect game.

But the Phillies obviously wanted to see Lieber throw a perfect game or a no-hitter.
None more than catcher Sal Fasano.
"He said the other day that if he caught a no-hitter, he wants a car, at least," Rollins said.
"That's right," Fasano said. "I forgot about that. I said if I'm a catcher and I call a no-hitter, I want a car."
So, what car?
"I'd let Jimmy pick it out," Fasano said. "He's got better taste than me... . But I'd take a '72 Caddy, powder blue with a white ivory interior."
Not too shabby.
Neither was Lieber.
"Everything was pretty good," Fasano said. "When you can throw a two-seamer, four-seamer and a slider and you can throw them to both sides of the plate, it's tough to beat."
The Phillies need Lieber to pitch like that more often. He is 3-0 with a 3.32 ERA in his last three starts. Phillies starters also have a 3.32 ERA in their last 13 starts. If they continue to pitch like that, it could be a fun summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home